Saturday, June 17, 2017

unsung.bsp

Unsung.bsp
A QWTF map.

 

This is a small 2 team CTF map made sometime in the early 2000's. I used the BSP level editor to make most of my early maps, like this one. I was happy to learn how to make those curved angles and I discovered creative applications for cylinders.

Layout is pretty standard, Two mirrored bases opposing each other. In fact the map is really just a series of four mirrored quadrants.


The abundant use of stairs means that bunny hopping is made more difficult. Stairs act as a sort of obstacle against it.

For the amount of stairs in the map, it still manages to play pretty fast. I think this map would favor Soldiers with good rocket jumping abilities on offense and spammy Demomen in defensive roles. Engineers can setup sentry guns effectively too. The Flag area is fairly close quarters environment with the central floor becoming a spam slaughter house. The stairs in that area make it difficult to get out of.

I think I made this map in a pretty short amount of time, like 2 days.